- (1) Clegg, A., Young, J., Iliffe, S., Rikkert, M. O., & Rockwood, K. (2013). Frailty in elderly people. The Lancet, 381(9868), 752-762. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23395245
- (2) Age UK and the British Geriatrics Society. (2015). Frailty: Language and perceptions; A report prepared by BritainThinks on behalf of Age UK and the British Geriatrics Society. Retrieved from: http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/EN-GB/For-professionals/Policy/health-and-wellbeing/report_bgs_frailty_language_and_perceptions.pdf?dtrk=trueith
- (3) Nicholson, C., Gordon, A. L., & Tinker, A. (2016). Changing the way “we” view and talk about frailty…. Age and Ageing, 46(3), 349-351. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27932367
- (4) BMJ Journals, Post Graduate Medical Journal, / Volume 79, Issue 930, A Barton, G Mulley, http://pmj.bmj.com/content/79/930/229
- (5) Lancet; Comprehensive geriatric assessment: a meta-analysis of controlled trials; A.E Stuck, MD, A.L Siu, MD, G.D Wieland, PhD, L.Z Rubenstein, MD, J Adams, PhD, Published:October 23, 1993, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/014067369392884V
- (6) Comprehensive_Geriatric_Assessment_A_Meta-Analysis_of_Controlled_Trials/links/5a2c02a1a6fdccfbbf871501/Comprehensive-Geriatric-Assessment-A-Meta-Analysis-of-Controlled-Trials.pdf, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/G_Darryl_Wieland2/publication/15094521
- (7) Arch Intern Med. 2002 Nov 11;162(20):2269-76. Prevalence, expenditures, and complications of multiple chronic conditions in the elderly. Wolff JL1, Starfield B, Anderson G. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12418941
- (8) Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, BASSEM ELSAWY, MD, and KIM E. HIGGINS, DO, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, Am Fam Physician. 2011 Jan 1;83(1):48-56. https://www.aafp.org/afp/2011/0101/p48.html
- (9) D McDonald, & J. Christie-Seely. (1984). Working with the Family in Primary Care. Chapter 30. Working with elderly and their families. Praeger Publishing, ISBN: 0-275-91424-0 https://frailtyworkgroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SystemsApproach.pdf
- (10) J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001 Mar;56(3):M146-56. Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype. Fried LP1, Tangen CM, Walston J, Newman AB, Hirsch C, Gottdiener J, Seeman T, Tracy R, Kop WJ, Burke G, McBurnie MA; Cardiovascular Health Study Collaborative Research Group. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11253156
- (11) Rockwood, K., & Mitnitski, A. (2007). Frailty in relation to the accumulation of deficits. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 62(7), 722-727.’
- (12) Clegg, A., Bates, C., Young, J., Ryan, R., Nichols, L., Ann Teale, E., & Marshall, T. (2016). Development and validation of an electronic frailty index using routine primary care electronic health record data. Age and Ageing, 45(3), 353-360.
- (13) Reeves, David, et al. “The Challenge of Ageing Populations and Patient Frailty: Can Primary Care Adapt?” Bmj, 2018, doi:10.1136/bmj.k3349.
- (14) Supporting Routine Frailty Identification and Frailty through the GP Contract 2017/2018.” NHS Choices, NHS, 26 Apr. 2017, www.england.nhs.uk/publication/supporting-routine-frailty-identification-and-frailty-through-the-gp-contract-20172018/.
- (15) NHS Choices, NHS, www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/clinical-policy/older-people/frailty/frailty-risk-identification/.
- (16) Young, A Primary Care-Based Model for Frailty, Geriatrician, Bradford Hospitals Trust National Clinical Director for Integration & Frail Elderly, NHS England, https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/default/files/media/KFYoungv2.pdf
- (17) Lyndon, H. (2015). Reframing frailty as a long-term condition. Nursing Older People, 27(8), 32-39, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26402213
- (18) New Zealand, Frailty in Older People: a Discussion.” Frailty in Older People: a Discussion – Bpacnz, https://bpac.org.nz/2018/frailty.aspx
- (19) Canada, “Clinical Frailty Scale.” Dalhousie University, www.dal.ca/sites/gmr/our-tools/clinical-frailty-scale.html.
- (20) Holland, Muntinga, M. E., Hoogendijk, E. O., van Leeuwen, K. M., van Hout, H. P., Twisk, J. W., van der Horst, H. E., … & Jansen, A. P. (2012). Implementing the chronic care model for frail older adults in the Netherlands: study protocol of ACT (frail older adults: care in transition). BMC geriatrics, 12(1), 19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22545816
- (21) United Kingdom, BMJ 2018;362:k3349 doi: 10.1136/bmj.k3349 (Published 28 August 2018) https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3349/article-info
- (22) Patient Pattern Website https://patientpattern.com/frailty/
- (23) Quality Health Network Website
- (24) “Living with Frailty: From Assets and Deficits to Resilience.” Routledge & CRC Press, www.routledge.com/Living-with-Frailty-From-Assets-and-Deficits-to-Resilience/Rahman/p/book/9781138301214
- (25) Griffiths, BSN, RN, Jessica. “The Value of Geriatric Frailty Assessment in the Outpatient Setting of COVID-19: A Systematic Literature Review.” Department of Health Sciences, Colorado Mesa University, 28 Mar. 2021.
- Griffiths, BSN, RN, Jessica. “Frailty Tools.” Department of Health Sciences, Colorado Mesa University, 28 Mar. 2021.
- Bodenheimer, T., & West, D. (2010). Low-cost lessons from Grand Junction, Colorado. New England Journal of Medicine, 363(15), 1391-1393.
- Squires, D., & Anderson, C. (2015). US health care from a global perspective: spending, use of services, prices, and health in 13 countries. The Commonwealth Fund, 15, 1-16.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (2016). National health expenditure data. Retrieved from: https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-andReports/NationalHealthExpendData/index.html?redirect=/NationalHealthExpendData/01_Overview.asp
- Squires, D. & Anderson, G. F. (2015). U.S. health care from a global perspective; spending, use of services, prices, and health in 13 countries. Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-perspective
- Peterson, P. G. (2016). Per capita healthcare costs-international comparison. Retrieved from: https://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0006_health-care-oecd
- Sawyer, B. & Cox, C. (2017). How does us health care spending compare to other countries. Retrieved from: https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/health-spending-u-s-compare-countries/_sf_s=health+spending#item-start
- MD Lee, D. H., Buth, K. J., Martin, B. J., Yip, A. M., & Hirsch, G. M. (2010). Frail patients are at increased risk for mortality and prolonged institutional care after cardiac surgery. Circulation, 121(8), 973-978.
Peikes, D., Swankoski, K., Mutti, A., Anglin, G., Converse, L., Grannemann, T., … & Finucane, M. (2016). Eevaluation of the comprehensive primary care initiative: third Third annual report. Mathematica Policy Research.
Kim, K. I., Park, K. H., Koo, K. H., Han, H. S., & Kim, C. H. (2013). Comprehensive geriatric assessment can predict postoperative morbidity and mortality in elderly patients undergoing elective surgery. Archives Of Gerontology And Geriatrics, 56(3), 507-512.
Muntinga, M. E., Hoogendijk, E. O., van Leeuwen, K. M., van Hout, H. P., Twisk, J. W., van der Horst, H. E., … & Jansen, A. P. (2012). Implementing the chronic care model for frail older adults in the Netherlands: study protocol of ACT (frail older adults: care in transition). BMC geriatrics, 12(1), 19.
- The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice. (2012).The Dartmouth atlas of healthcare.
Hitchcock, G. (2017). National Institute of Health research calls for more research on frailty. Retrieved from: http://www.csp.org.uk/news/2017/12/07/national-institute-health-research-calls-more-research-frailty-care
- Nichols, L. M., Weinberg, M., & Barnes, J. (2009). Grand Junction, Colorado: a health community that works. Washington, DC: The New America Foundation
- Ankuda, C. K., Petterson, S. M., Wingrove, P., & Bazemore, A. W. (2017). Regional Variation in Primary Care Involvement at the End of Life. The Annals of Family Medicine, 15(1), 63-67.
- Teno, J. M., Clarridge, B. R., Casey, V., Welch, L. C., Wetle, T., Shield, R., & Mor, V. (2004). Family perspectives on end-of-life care at the last place of care. JamaJournal of the American Medical Association, 291(1), 88-93.
- Bernstein, R. (2011). Census bureau releases comprehensive analysis of fast-growing 90-and-older population. Retrieved from: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/aging_population/cb11-194.html
- Barr, P. (2014). Baby Boomers will transform health care as they age. Retrieved from: https://www.hhnmag.com/articles/5298-Boomers-Will-Transform-Health-Care-as-They-Age
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (2016). CMS national health expenditure fact sheet. Retrieved from:https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/nationalhealthexpenddata/nhe-fact-sheet.html
- Clegg, A. & Young, S (2017). Healthy ageing. Retrieved from: http://www.improvementacademy.org/improving-quality/healthy-ageing.html
- Evans, S. (2012). A capacity consideration in goldilocks care. Retrieved from: http://minimallydisruptivemedicine.org/2012/02/09/a-capacity-consideration-in-goldilocks-care-frailty/
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans. (2017). Our story. Retrieved from: https://www.rmhpcommunity.org/about/our-story
- Eamer, Gilgamesh, et al. “Surgical Frailty Assessment: a Missed Opportunity.” BMC Anesthesiology, vol. 17, no. 1, 24 July 2017, doi:10.1186/s12871-017-0390-7. https://bmcanesthesiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12871-017-0390-7
- Falls in Older Patients Guidelines – HealthTeamWorks
Bitton, Asaf. “Finding a Parsimonious Path for Primary Care Practice Transformation.” Annals of Family Medicine, American Academy of Family Physicians, Apr. 2018, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5891309/
Etz RS;Zyzanski SJ;Gonzalez MM;Reves SR;O’Neal JP;Stange KC; “A New Comprehensive Measure of High-Value Aspects of Primary Care.” Annals of Family Medicine, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31085526/
McIntyre, Dennis, et al. “Overview, History, and Objectives of Performance Measurement.” Health Care Financing Review, CENTERS for MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES, 2001, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4194707/
Niksic, Kayla; Fatchett, Brenden, Page, Pat MD. “The Secret Sauce – How to Improve Health Care & Lower Costs.” YouTube, 7 Oct. 2015, https://youtu.be/yrihH6Q9yvo